Fitness Center Rules
- Patrons must be 16 years of age to use Fitness Center.
- Fitness Center orientations (Wellness Hours) are recommended to new members.
- Appropriate workout attire is required including shirt, shoes – No open-toed shoes are allowed (please make sure shoes are clean and free of mud, sand, etc.)
- Wipe perspiration from machines after each use.
- Disrupting of interfering with the workouts of another member is not allowed. Respect the rights of others by using courteous and appropriate behavior.
- Abusive and profane language is prohibited.
- Please use discretion on the use of perfumes and body sprays.
- Except for capped water bottles, eating and drinking is prohibited.
- Only Derby Recreation Commission staff is allowed to do personal training in the Fitness Center.
- No equipment is to be moved from its designated area and may not be taken out of the Fitness Center.
- After utilizing equipment return it to proper areas.
- Weight plates are not to be leaned against equipment or walls.
- Dumbbells and weight plates shall not be dropped on the floor for any reason.
- Members should seek staff assistance for all spotting needs.
- Ease weights into position on the machines: do not allow them to slam down.
- Collars are to be used at all times to secure weights on bars.
- Safety bars and pins are required when using the squat racks, leg sled, and smith machine.
- Allow other participants to “work in” or take turns.
- Headphones are necessary to listen to Cardio Theatre options. Members should provide personal headphones.
Rules may be reviewed and changed without notice.